Dinner Is On Us – A Taste of Farmville 2017
Are you ready for a night out in FarmVegas but you have no idea where to go and what to do? You think you know all the places to go and things to see in the area, yet none of them are striking your fancy in this gloomy January weather. Well, hold onto your frying pan because I have a win-win bargain for you!
This time of year, with the gray skies and the sopping wet yards, I could really use a few rays of sunshine to brighten up my day. And the Farmville Rotary is giving me just that this Thursday evening! Stop your meal planning and get your coat! Instead of cooking the same old same old this Thursday evening from 5 – 8pm, pack your tribe in your car and head on over to STEPS, Inc. and enjoy the Farmville Rotary’s 13th Annual Taste of Farmville event!
Not only will you get a wonderful sampling of all the wonderfully tasteful bounty the Farmville area has to offer, you will:
- Learn about and try area fare that you did not know was available,
- See neighbors and friends that have been holed up in their homestead all winter – you know, the ones you have been meaning to go visit and say hello, but life and weather keep getting in the way,
- Support and learn about local culinary artisans in the area,
- Support local organizations in need (all of the proceeds collected are distributed to various organizations according to need but stay in the community. Some of the regular beneficiaries have been PEFYA, FACES, HOV Free Clinic, etc.), and
- Did I mention GREAT FOOD THAT YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO COOK?!?!?! 🙂
For thirteen years, the Farmville Rotary has been sponsoring this event to bring together the best of what our small-town-big-life has to offer: good food and good people! This is truly the event that keeps on giving!
Here are just a few of the vendor participants slated for this year’s event:
- At Home With Centra (PACE)
- Benchmark Community Bank
- Centra Southside Hospital
- Charley’s Waterfront Café
- Citizens Bank & Trust Co
- Dr & Mrs. Shashi Ayer
- Farmville Area Chamber
- Fishin’ Pig
- Game day Weddings
- Granny B’s
- Hat Creek Camp
- Heart of VA Free Clinic
- Hotdog Bar
- Maria’s Sweet Creations
- Millers Country Store
- Phi Gamma Delta
- The Rail Yard
- Prince Edward Extension Office
- Rocky Branch Farm
- Riverside Community Church
- Ruritan Club
- United Way of Prince Edward County
- Elizabeth Wiley/Waterworks Players
Tickets can be purchased (adults $10/children 6 and under $5) from any Rotarian or by visiting some of the sponsors: Benchmark Community Bank or Citizen’s Bank and Trust. Or, if you prefer you can get your tickets at the door for $15 and $7, respectively. If you have other questions, Debbie Savage will be happy to help you at 434-607-5601.
What are you waiting for?!?!?! Get your coat and let’s go – See you at STEPS on Thursday for dinner!
If you enjoy my posts, please use the “subscribe” button on the left of the page to receive my latest posts directly in your mailbox!