Gobs … You Know You’re from Western Pennsylvania if …

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. Katie says:

Thank you for sharing your special recipe! It was a delight to read about your family then and now making these famous Gobs. I am from NY and have moved to a little tiwn outside of Washington PA. Gobs are favorites here. I never made them for my husband, but this Christmas he and our children will have some of your family’s Gobs! Thank you again for sharing!!! Katie in Claysville

• Christine says:

Katie — SO glad you like the recipe!!!! And I hope you LOVE raising your children in PA as much as I loved growing up there! There is nothing like small town living for sure – and I am BEYOND delighted that you are using our family recipe to make your own memories!!!! Happy Thanksgiving! (Hope you subscribed to the blog!) 🙂

2. Dianne Mueller says:

I love Gobs. I have not made them in years and was glad to find this, because I was not able to find my old recipe. I notice some problem in your ingredients list. You do not have the 1/2 cup of crisco, and the eggs were also not listed. I was able to figure it out with your step by step instructions, which are great, and I also found them on your original recipe photo, which was really coo.

Thanks for posting this.

3. Ashlee Colwell says:

Hi! Is this 54 sandwiched cookies or 54 halves? Thanks!

4. Dawn says:

I will be making these to sell at a concession stand and packaged individually. I see your recipe would make about 22 sandwiches. Would you say they would be small medium or pretty large? How big of a spoonful do you recommend putting on the pan?
    Thanks!

• Christine says:

I usually use a metal soup spoon, which makes the cake part I would say medium o large (they will spread a little during cooking).

5. Northern Gal says:

Oh my goodness, I was from the mountains in New Paris, PA which put me closer to Central City!! I haven’t spoke to my family due to unfortunate events but LOVE gobs!!! So thankful came across this recipe! I love in the South now and they make Whoopi pies but put fluff and such sweet inside filling…THESE ARE WHAT I LOVE!! I can’t wait to share with my husbands family!!

• Christine says:

So glad to hear you enjoy the recipe! I think this has to be one of my most popular posts (especially for all of us that had to pick up roots and move elsewhere!) Also – sorry for the delayed response – life sometimes gets in eth way of my thinking/writing. 🙂

Please leave a reply: